Decision maker shifts are a tried and true signal of new business opportunities for media/marketing sales professionals.
Winmo’s research analysts have found that personnel movement, especially new hires and first-time chief marketing officers, are the number one predictive indicators that agency changes, media spending shifts and new martech investments will occur.
To help you strike while the iron is hot, we’ve compiled this list of top decision makers on the move from last week. Pro Tip: Keep in mind that when fresh talent takes the reigns, they tend to evaluate current efforts and start making changes within a three to 12 month window. Keep track of these shifts and start engaging new decision makers right away, you have a major advantage to secure new work and revenue ahead of your competition.
- Dollar General Corporation, headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, has named Rob Scruggs to the newly-created position of chief digital and customer engagement officer.
- Parkmobile, Atlanta-based parking reservation app, recently hired marketing veteran Jeff Perkins as their new CMO, replacing Nico du Plessis.
- John Hancock, with headquarters in Boston, MA, has hired Anne McNally as corporate communications head.
- CheapOair, headquartered in New York City, has handed its marketing duties to VP of branding Kathi Moore for the time being, following the departure of Brijen Rajput in October.
- HelloFresh, with headquarters in New York City, has hired Nicole Messier-Marino as North American head of communications.
- Coursera, the online education company based in Mountain View, CA, has undergone a reorganization after Jeff Maggioncalda joined as CEO this summer. For starters, company’s first CMO Kurt Apen has left, along with COO Lila Ibrahim; CFO John Madigan; general counsel David Liu; and chief product officer Tom Willerer.
- Tanimura & Antle, headquartered in Salinas, CA, has added Kyla Oberman as director of marketing to manage T&A’s brand identity, marketing and communications programs.
- Arby’s Restaurant Group, based in Atlanta, recently promoted company veteran Jim Taylor to CMO, after announcing the acquisition of casual dining wing-slinger Buffalo Wild Wings.
- CO-based Aspen Skiing Company has promoted Christian Knapp to CMO from his previous post as marketing VP, as part of a larger management restructuring.
- TOMS Shoes, headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is on the hunt for a brand marketing VP, not long after Bill Bettencourt was hired as CMO and GM following the departure of CMO Susy Korb this spring.
- Lands’ End, with headquarters in Dodgeville, WI, has added Gill Hong as chief merchandising officer and head of international and Sarah Rasmusen as e-commerce SVP.
- Everything But The House, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, has recently hired omnichannel marketing veteran Adam Weber as their new CMO.
Looking for a way to keep track of decision makers on the move at top advertisers, agencies and even entire industries? If you’re a Winmo customer, you can set up alerts to get push notifications about these changes in real time.
Not using Winmo? Start your trial today to let Winmo do the heavy lifting for you!