As someone who would personally do anything for a laugh, it feels wrong writing a blog post about advertising trends or generating sales leads, or strategies for winning new business, when the real win could come from pranking your coworkers to celebrate April Fools Day.
I know, I know, it’s not technically April Fools Day until Sunday, but unless you’ll be with your co-workers then, the time to prank is now.
**Please note that if you plan on pranking someone who has the ability to fire you, I would advise you to carefully consider it. I think your best bet is to start with your sales team and work from there. Those salespeople are always game for a good prank – plus it’s the end of Q1 so I doubt they’re even busy (I’m kidding, obviously).
With that said, after spending the appropriate amount of time one should researching office pranks, I have put together a list of 10 that you should try, or at least use for inspiration.
- Seems easy enough.
- Great prank, but also a great way to give someone a heart attack.
If doors aren’t your thing, apparently chairs work too.
- You could also do this to the microwave, the printer, the copier, the list goes on…
- The purrrr-fect prank for a dog person.
- This one is equally as terrifying as it is easy to execute.
- Of all of the pranks you could play on a person, this one might upset me the most.
- Run to a craft store on your lunch break and pick up some googly eyes – this one will still be funny when you get to work on Monday.
- What else would you use a sticky note for?
- Who knew goldfish would be involved in multiple office pranks. Also, if you try this one, please make sure you have a good home lined up for the goldfish when you’re done – or at least a normal bowl.
- And finally, a classic banana phone…works every time.
While some of these may take a bit more planning than others, all office pranks are funny. Nothing lifts the spirits of a work environment quite like a perfectly executed prank. Want to know the best part? It doesn’t need to be April Fools Day to prank your co-workers (it just makes it slightly more acceptable), so use these pranks year round – you know you want to.