I won’t call it luck, but the brands planning and likely to issue RFPs in Q2 2021 have a strong advantage this year. The CNBC Global CFO Council survey for Q1 2021 showed a level of economic confidence from chief financial officers that haven’t been this high since 2018 with fears of the risk from COVID to their business outlook cut in half from just a quarter ago.
Economic recovery and optimism from the vaccine rollout have set up a strong foundation for brands likely to issue RFPs in Q2. The experts at Winmo expect to see more emerging brands flesh out their C-suites and, with that ever-elusive CMO hire, begin to issue RFPs and hunt for agencies that meet their growing needs.
In fact, we have a whole eBook about it. Download Emerging Brands Likely to Issue RFPs in Q2 2021 at the link above.
Keep reading to check out some teaser info before smashing that download button:
- In 2020, this discount grocery store chain experienced a significant surge in digital ad spend, particularly across paid social channels. The company has aggressive expansion plans for 2021 — it already operates 2k+ locations in 37 states and plans to open 100 in AZ, CA, FL, and the northeast by the end of the year.
- This investing service selected a new CMO in January. The marketer’s most recent role was on Women for Biden Harris 2020’s leadership team, where she helped with brand building, creative, and strategy.
- To support its reinvigorated digital transformation, this restaurant chain selected Organic as its new digital AOR. The company has already been focusing more on digital channels (and on digital spend) and this increase will only continue.
- This home decor company invests in OOH, print, and local broadcast and tends to target parents. Many families stuck at home right now are rethinking their furniture, which could help boost the company’s sales. It faces fierce competition from Crate & Barrel, Herman Miller, Chairish, Raymour & Flanigan, and Ikea.
- This gym chain’s ad spend declines should reverse as the company continues to reemerge, so keep an eye out for an uptick in ad spend in 2021. Its focus on paid social advertising signals a Gen-Z target demographic. Kantar data reports it also invests in OOH, radio, and local broadcast.
And remember, emerging doesn’t have to mean new. While there are plenty of brands that were born out of necessity the last few years, even more found their stride, honed in on a niche, or, due to unpredictable circumstances, became more prominent in our everyday lives (Hey, Zoom. What’s up, Seamless). One of the brands above just recently (and successfully) emerged from Chapter 11 protection.
Here are the insights that Winmo customers have access to on a daily basis, packaged into actionable nuggets detailing:
- Emerging brands that are increasing their spending and looking to diversify in 2021.
- Select decision-maker contact information to get in the door.
- Opportunity analysis tailored to different seller types.
- Spend details, audience demos, and insight to fuel your outreach.
Take advantage of early indicators to get in with these brands ahead of major campaign planning and requests for RFPs.