Here is your round-up of new marketing appointments in June.
It’s a good time to get on the radar with each of these decision-makers as they bring a fresh perspective to each brand’s plans for the second half of the year.
- Tea company Twinings appointed Jo Spencer as its new Marketing Director in June. Jo previously served as brand marketing director of Asahi, and prior to that, worked as marketing director of Kerry Foods. She has experience across a wide variety of channels.
- Clothing retailer River Island hired Marketing Director Lou Ashton in June. She previously worked as the marketing director of Vivobarefoot, and before that, as the global marketing head at Topshop Topman.
- Gin brand Sipsmith appointed Annabel Keech as its global marketing director, effective June, to replace incumbent Shelley Macintyre. Macintyre now serves as global marketing director for all of the gin brands at parent company Beam Suntory. Keech previously served as a marketing consultant, and before that, as the global marketing head for Peroni at Asahi.
- Insurance provider Simplyhealth employed Brand Head John Ali in June. Most of his experience lies in sponsorship (he previously served as sponsorship head at Marathonbet, senior sponsorship manager at Vitality UK, and sponsorship manager at Virgin Media).
- Nissan promoted its GB marketing director – Nicolas Verneuil – to sales director in order to fill the vacancy caused by the departure of Andrew Sellars. To fill the GB marketing director position, it promoted Nicholas Thomas from global EV business director at Nissan Japan. These changes went into effect at the end of June.
These insights have been sourced from WinmoEdge.
Get in contact if you’d like to get this kind of access every day, to help give you an unfair advantage on your competition!