It can be hard to know how to spend your time as a sales professional — you have to know which leads are worth pursuing, where your prospects are in the buying cycle, and which sales activations are going to close the deal. Everything is about conversion and knowing when a prospective customer will finally decide to make a purchase. In the advertising industry, these sales activations can take many different forms, ranging from traditional advertising campaigns to more innovative, experiential marketing initiatives.
By understanding the different options available and choosing the right tactics for their business, companies can effectively use sales activations to grow their business and achieve their marketing goals. But don’t worry, the experts at Winmo are here to help you explore some of the top activations in the advertising industry.
Traditional advertising campaigns
- Designed to reach a wide audience and drive sales for a business.
- According to a study by the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), traditional advertising campaigns are still an effective way to drive sales, with 75% of respondents saying that they have a positive impact on their business.
- Ex): Commercials, print ads, radio spots, and other forms of mass media advertising.
- An effective way to reach a specific audience and drive sales, as people tend to trust recommendations from friends and influencers more than traditional advertising.
- According to a study by the Influencer Marketing Hub, influencer marketing can drive 11 times more ROI than traditional forms of advertising.
- Ex): Social media influencers or online personalities promoting a brand or product.
- Involves creating immersive, interactive experiences for consumers that engage them with a brand or product in a meaningful way.
- According to a study by Event Marketing Institute, experiential can drive up to a 34% increase in sales for a business.
- Ex): Events, product demonstrations, stunts, and brand activations.
- Creating and sharing valuable, relevant content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience.
- According to a study by the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing can drive up to three times more leads for a business than traditional advertising.
- Ex): Blog posts, videos, podcasts, and other forms of content that educate and inform consumers about a brand or product.
- According to a study by the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing has an average ROI of 122%, making it one of the most effective forms of digital marketing.
- Ex): Targeted, personalized emails to a list of subscribers to promote a brand or product.
Social media marketing
- According to a study by Hootsuite, social media marketing can drive up to 10 times more ROI than traditional advertising.
- Ex): Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok to promote a brand or product.
Search engine marketing (SEM)
- According to a study by Google, SEM can drive up to three times more leads for a business than traditional forms of advertising.
- Ex): Paid advertising on Google or other search engines to promote a brand or product.
- According to a study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), display advertising can drive up to a 200% increase in brand awareness and a 150% increase in purchase intent.
- Ex): Banner ads or other forms of visual advertising that promote a brand or product.
- This can be an effective way to drive sales, as it allows businesses to target ads to people who have already shown an interest in their products or services.
- According to a study by AdRoll, retargeting can drive up to a 10 times higher conversion rate compared to traditional forms of advertising.
- Ex) Using cookies or other tracking technologies to show ads to users who have previously visited a website or engaged with a brand.
- More consumers are using their mobile devices for online activities.
- According to a study by the Mobile Marketing Association, mobile marketing can drive up to a 50% increase in sales for a business.
- Ex) Using smartphones and tablets to promote a brand or product.