Having the right sales enablement tools in your tech stack is crucial to winning new business. Two leaders in the space, Winmo and ZoomInfo (now known as ZoomInfo powered by DiscoverOrg), are designed to help sales teams get in touch with the right people at the right companies. While the two platforms share some similarities, they are quite different in their approach.
No doubt ZoomInfo is known for sourcing massive amounts of data across numerous industries, and could easily be crowned as the largest B2B database out there, BUT when comparing ZoomInfo to Winmo it’s more like comparing apples to oranges. While ZoomInfo is broad, Winmo’s sales intelligence is deep and targeted.
With an intentional focus on the media and advertising industry, Winmo provides a comprehensive and unmatched level of intelligence across national advertisers in the US and UK markets. Therefore, the depth of information you need for your prospecting will likely dictate which technology is best for you and your sales organization.
To help you make an informed decision on which of the two meets your immediate and long-term sales needs, we’re analyzing four main points of comparison: number of contacts, proactive prospecting, agency/brand relationship data, and industry-leading integrations.
Number of Contacts
If it’s a sheer numbers game and your purchase decision is based strictly on how much data you can pull out of the platform, ZoomInfo has Winmo beat.
Winmo has ~16,000 US company profiles, ~41,000 brand profiles, ~9,000 verified agency profiles and ~185k verified marketing and media decision-makers while ZoomInfo (with its recent merger with DiscoverOrg) totals ~100M B2B professionals and ~15M companies.
While a large database is definitely valuable for certain use cases, it’s also very difficult to maintain the integrity of the data. ZoomInfo uses patented technology to gather and update data that then enters an automated system of checks and balances and third-party verification tools.
Unlike competitors, Winmo’s data is verified by living, breathing US-based researchers (not bots) ensuring that clients are provided with the most up-to-date information possible. With a smaller more targeted data focus it’s much easier to surface reliable, more accurate data, with complete details like direct dials and email addresses.
In summary – if you’re looking for quantity, ZoomInfo might be the best option. But, for those who value quality of data, particularly for the media and advertising industry, Winmo may provide better ROI.
Knowing who to contact when prospecting is vitally important, and typically the first problem customers are trying to solve when they research either Winmo or ZoomInfo. But, knowing when and why to reach out to a company is just as important and can often be what makes your pitch stand out from the rest.
In addition to basic contact information, which both platforms provide, Winmo surfaces critical details alerting you of when an advertiser is likely to undergo change (that would trigger a sales opportunity) and why they might need your services. The best part? Winmo’s team of research analysts are able to forecast these opportunities weeks and even months in advance.
Talk about handing you qualified leads on a silver platter!
Many of the sales triggers Winmo’s team is monitoring include:
- Marketers on the Move
- New Funding
- New Markets & Audiences
- Who’s Struggling
- Product Launches
- Spending Shifts
- New Client-Agency Relationships/ Shifts
Agency/Brand Relationship Data
As mentioned above, large amounts of contact data can be helpful for mass outreach but if you’re a strategic seller like most of our clients, understanding the entire landscape of a company before you pitch them is equally important.
If you’re targeting national advertisers you know first-hand how difficult it can be navigating the tangled web of brands, agencies and the decision-makers within. That’s why Winmo allows clients to toggle between all three in order to see everyone involved in the decision-making process.
While ZoomInfo provides company and contact information, you’ll have trouble connecting the dots since those agency/brand relationships aren’t mapped.
Sales resources are making it easier than ever for you to work less and sell smarter. While ZoomInfo’s integrations help you manage your data, with enrichment and API options, Winmo’s integrations help you manage your pipeline with resources that help you quickly move leads to close.
From personality insights to digital ad intelligence, Winmo includes key integrations that fit into your daily workflow, helping you connect with qualified prospects faster than ever before. Take a look below:
Personality Insights by Crystal Insights
Thanks to personality insights via Winmo’s integrations with Crystal Knows, sales professionals are able to pitch with confidence.
Crystal Knows is a technology built on the principle of communicating with empathy, providing cues on how to address decision-makers, and even which words to use in order to make the best first impression. This integration helps clients engage the person behind the title and produce optimal response rates.
“I love the Crystal Knows feature of Winmo. I use it all the time to get insight into somebody’s personality that I’m looking to connect with and WInmo actually gives advice on how to communicate with that person to yield the highest rate of success.” – Chase Hay, High School Nation
Digital Advertising Insights by Adbeat
Providing Winmo customers with a 360-view of advertiser buyer behavior, their integration with industry-leading digital ad intelligence provider, Adbeat, allows you to get closer to digital dollars with an in-depth view of your prospects’ creative, including info on where it’s appeared and how often- even the percentage of media running native, direct or programmatic.
Winmo customers also have the ability to monitor brand-level ad spend across 19 different media types as well as build custom prospecting lists based on how much a brand is spending on OOH, cable, TV, paid search, display, magazines or any number of different mediums.
And, it doesn’t stop there. Other integrations include:
- Salesforce-export verified data into this industry-leading CRM platform.
- HubSpot– export verified data into this industry-leading marketing automation platform.
- iSpot– see a brand’s latest TV airings including top networks and shows, plus playable commercials.
- Crystal Knows (More below)
- Hookit- get a breakdown of a brand’s sponsorship allocations by category, plus the athletes, teams, leagues, venues, and events they work with
- Adforum– quickly gather insight on advertiser creative including TV, print, interactive and more.
- OneLogin SSO- work more productively across all your web apps with this single sign-on portal.
- StatSocial- qualify targets and perfect your pitch based on how a brand’s social audience breaks down by gender, age, ethnicity, household income, personality type, media properties, influencers and more.
As for ZoomInfo, integrations include:
- Outlook Connector- optimize your outreach efforts without interrupting your existing workflow. Gain valuable insight into key contacts and companies, right from your inbox.
- ReachOut Chrome Extension– get direct phone numbers and email addresses while viewing LinkedIn profiles, or leads, accounts, and contacts in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Suite- reach leads faster with the most accurate contact information within the preferred Salesforce workflow.
- Marketo Form Complete– seamlessly fill in important demographic and firmographic information into your web forms, without ever asking for it.
Sales teams at both large and small corporations are finding value in both Winmo and ZoomInfo – and in some unique instances using both in conjunction with the other. When it comes to determining which option is best for you and your team, here are a few qualifying questions to ask:
- Do I just need contacts, or would comprehensive insights better inform my sales and marketing strategy?
- Am I targeting national advertisers in the US or UK?
- What integrations are most important to me?
- Is my prospecting strategy proactive or reactive?
- What are my peers saying about each brand? You can find out by visiting Winmo and ZoomInfo’s Capterra reviews.
The best way to evaluate any SaaS tool is to try before you buy, so to see if Winmo is the right fit for you, request a demo today!